Friday, 11 November 2011

Garden Theme Cake

This cake's theme was a garden inspired cake. There wasn't really any preferences, but following from the bumble bee cupcakes I made, I was asked to make a cake inspired by them.



The cake is vanilla madeira sponge with jam and buttercream filling. I covered it in pale blue icing as I knew a green one would be too overwhelming. I added hills to the sides of the cake with green icing and also covered the cake board in the same green.


 Here is where I got a little carried away. I bought some cake embossers from the cake fare at Birmingham International, and, keen to try them out, I pressed them around the cake. Unfortunately with all the extra flowers, butterflies and bumblebees I had made also to add to the cake, it looks a bit busy!

 
I added the other decorations which I made the night before, and then all that was left to do was to paint the dots and stripes on the bumblebees and the ladybirds dotted around the cake!






No comments:

Post a Comment