Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Barbie Cupcakes

These were so fun to make, my kitchen was covered in all things pink! I made the cupcake toppers first by cutting round discs of sugarpaste in pink, some were circle shapes and some a scolleped edge round shape. I built up the designs so I had about 5 different designs of the 30 cupcakes.
I traced barbie logos on baking paper with royal icing, I made the 'B' logo and the sillhouette barbie face logo. I also had to make 20 cookies of the same theme.

 10 of the cupcakes were baked in pink cupcake cases, for these I used white buttercream icing to put the toppers on top!


 10 were baked in zebra print cupcake cases, so for these ones I used a hot pink icing between the cupcake and the topper.


 The last 10 were baked in black cases which I thought would bring out the toppers more, so for these ones I used a pale pink icing.


 Here are all 30 cupcakes boxed up and ready to be delivered!


I even spent time organising the cupcakes neatly in the box before I took them to the client!

No comments:

Post a Comment